John J. “Jack” Lydon concentrates his practice in commercial litigation. He represents a variety of businesses in litigation in the civil courts in Illinois and around the nation. He represents financial institutions, mortgage lenders in contested mortgage foreclosures, operations, class action defense, mortgage repurchase, consumer protection, TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, Fair Housing, collection, regulatory and probate matters. He is also regularly appointed as a special representative for deceased borrowers in Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, foreclosure cases.
Jack served as the law to clerk the late Hon. Arthur L. Dunne in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. He is a member of the Chicago Bar Association. Jack is the former 47th Ward Democratic Ward Committeeman in the City of Chicago and a member of the 47th Ward Judicial Recommendations Committee for the 47th Ward Regular Democratic Organization.
Jack lives in Chicago’s Ravenswood neighborhood and is active in a number of community organizations. He is the past president and director of the Neighborhood Boys and Girls Club. He is a former director and former vice-president of the Ravenswood Lake View Historical Association. He is a member of the Northcenter Neighborhood Association and serves on its Zoning Committee. He is a member of the Ravenswood Neighbors Association, the Heart of Lincoln Square Neighborhood Association, theIrish Fellowship Club of Chicago, Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, the Ancient Order of Hiberians, Div. 32 and the Irish American Heritage Center.
- 1985 Loyola University, B.A., History
- 1989 DePaul University, J.D.
Court & Bar Admissions
- 1989 Illinois
- 1989 United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- 1997 United States Court of Federal Claims
- 2001 United States Circuit Court for the Seventh Circuit
- 2007 United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- 2012 Unitied States District Court for Colorado
Reported Cases & Publications
- Casimir v. Sunrise Financial, Inc., 299 Fed.Appx.591 (7th Cir. November 14, 2008)
- First Capital Mortg. Corp. v. Union Federal Bank of Indianapolis, 374 Ill. App. 3d 739, 872 N.E.2d 84, 313 Ill. Dec. 324 (1st Dist. June 29, 2007)
- Miranda v. Universal Financial Group, Inc., 459 F.Supp.2d 760 (N.D. Ill. 2006)
- Guaranty Residential Lending, Inc. v. International Mortg. Center, Inc., 305 F.Supp.2d 846 (N.D. Ill. 2004)
- Illinois Association of Mortg. Brokers v. Office of Banks and Real Estate, 308 F.3d 762 (7th Cir. 2002)
- Jenkins v. Mercantile Mortg. Co., 231 F. Supp. 2d 737 (N.D. Ill. 2002)